Pedro Muñoz’s Old Town is formed by the “Plaza de España”, the Town Hall, the church of St. Peter the Apostle and the ensemble of streets that lead into the Square with samples of our popular Manchegan architecture.
St. Peter’s Church
A church that features a basilica-shaped layout with a Latin-cross plan. It has one nave with a half barrel-vaulted, gable roof and a square apse, pointing to the left. The bell tower is attached to the southwest of the apse. It is built in stone, corners and bays in high-quality limestone. It also has a chapel attached to the northern façade, by the transept. Two more chapels flank the apse, one to the north and another one to the south.
The church has three façades: one, to the north, another one to the south and a last one to the west. The three of them have a semi-circular arch. The church started to be built during the fifteenth century, and it was finished three centuries later (1700-1722). The bell tower is divided in three stepped, plinthed sections. The upper body hosts the bells, with a semi-circular arch. The bell tower ends in a terraced roof with a stone perimeter balustrade. The eaves have a saddle frame. The transept has an octagonal cupola.
Townhall of Pedro Muñoz:
Building that dates back to the nineteenth century. It has two floors; the lower one is porticoed with arches and upper one has balconies and is attached to the Modernist clock tower.
Pedro Muñoz has the most stereotypical example of Manchegan noble houses. They feature façades with coats of arms. On the inside, there is an entrance hall, an arcaded courtyard where there is access to the rest of rooms.
- Granero's House
- Fernández Cuéllar’s House
- House of the Small Tower
- House of the "Prior"
PICTURES OF OLD TOWN